Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot ACCESS Protocol Emulator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevatwork

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2006
Hi Everyone

callpilot 4
ccms 6

Our callpilot has lost connectivity with the symposium side
I can ping elan side and clan side from both ccms and callpilot but i keep getting the same error in the alarm monitor:

Major, Access Protocol Emulator [0] Failed to make TCP network connection, rc = 0

I have tried restarting both ccms and callpilot as well as restarting the ACCESS Protocol Emulator service but still have the same error.

Can someone please help,

Thanks

Trevor

on the ccms go to server setup configuration and look at the voice connection tab. make sure the cp elan ip address is specify and the port is set to 10008.

Hi yyrkroon

I have checked that as well and the port and elan ip are correct.

Thanks

Trevor

Have you tried resetting the MLSM service on the CCMS? That is what CP use to communicate with the CCMS.

Also check and make sure the MAS Link Handler Port #2 is enable on the CCMS. Windows 2003 server has a problem with that service starting up every-now and then.

Hi djwht

Thanks for the advice i restarted MLSM Service and MAS link Handler port # 2 on ccms and then restarted call pilot and still have the same error, i have checked and rechecked my ip settings on both callpilot and ccms, call pilot says it is ready and able to accept calls I can ping both elan and clan but i am still getting this error:

Major, Access Protocol Emulator [0] Failed to make TCP network connection, rc = 0

and the calls getting routed to IVR do not get IVR.

I have read some posts on this forum with similar issues but diff version of CP and it seems pulling and re-seating the callpilot has fixed this type of issue, is that something valid to try with this ver of CP (4)

Thanks

Trevor

If the CP is the 201i, then sure you can reseat the card, doesn't matter what release of software its on.

Just curious, when you rebooted the 2 servers, did you wait for CCMS to come "FULLY" up first before bringing up CP? I asked because like I said earlier, the CP requires the MLSM service and if the CP is up and tries to connect with CCMS and the MLSM service isn't there, CP has a hissy fit sometimes.

I've run into problem many times over the different releases and what I normally do is the following: (provide no software changes has been made)

Shutdown CCMS
shutdown CP
Start up CCMS and wait till all services are up.
Start up CP
verify MAS LH 2 hasn't died in the time CCMS started up and CP coming up.

Sometimes, I have to stop VSM and MAS LH2 then restart VSM which should bring MAS LH2 up as well.

Good Luck,

One other thing to verify, you've most likey done this several times already, but just verify that on the CP server, its the CCMS CLAN address that is entered.

I've made this mistake several times, because the CCMS requires the CP ELAN IP, but the CP requires the CCMS CLAN IP - all falls back to MLSM - it only works over the CLAN.

Hi Djwht

Thanks again for the tips I have been doing the shutdown restart as you have mentioned but i will do it again tonight and check the status of the services you mentioned before i bring callpilot back up,

We have recently changed our clan ip address scheme and had a lot of trouble getting ccma to talk to ccms after the change, we found however that logging in to contact centre manager as webadmin there was a refresh servers tool that reconnected them after the ip change, is there such a tool or procedure for call pilot.

Also could someone please advise the procedure for removing and reseating the card it is in our 4th cabinet do i need to shut down the whole switch or just the cabinet its in etc

Thanks

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back