Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callpilot 600R no video output

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjbm1

Technical User
Oct 20, 2011
US
I have a callpilot 600R server that will show no video output. I don't hear any beeps (3 signifies a memory
problem) that would cause my problem. I have replaced the DIMM's with 2-512MB DIMM's DDR ECC wich I believe
is not a problem.(There was only 1 DIMM in server when I got it). I also have the SCSI terminator plug installed.

What is odd is twice I sort of tapped the area of the server near where the VGA connection is and was able to boot into windows but it then went into the sleep mode. however this was when the SCSI terminator was not installed which would
cause the sleep mode. It almost seems as though there is a faulty solder connection between the VGA plug and the
mother board?

Any thoughts.

don't use KVM
don't use VGA to HDMI/DVI converter cables.

server should boot even with no monitor plugged in, so you must be having some other issue, not just the VGA plug.

most people would start out re-seating the MPB96 and riser boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back