Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 600r New installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

franktechno

Technical User
Feb 18, 2010
US
I got a 600r and when I booted up for the first time it just keeps running the boot up process, over and over and I am not sure how to make it stop and go to Windows!

Any tips?

That is what usually happens on a new install of a callpilot. it usually reboots 2 or 3 times before you can login. It's running a script to set up the server.

Hey Frank, make sure everything is plugged in and ready to go. It wants to connect and check connection during setup.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

When we say make sure everything is pluged in, are we talking about the Network connections and the Tandberg drive?

I don't have a Tangberg drive or a Dongle since this server is for redundancy pourpuses.

Must have a tandberg drive or a terminator plug. I won't boot up without one of them connected.

I also found the hard way that if you unplug the tape drive while the server is up, it will crash.

I don't think the 600r can be "redundant". Sounds like you were sold a spare. The 600 is noisy, but bullet proof. You shouldn't need a spare. If you could get it as redundant, you would need another dongle.

DocVic
Need help? Call Me Now!

DocVic is spot on, you can't run a "redundant" CP 600r, you can have a a hot spare but there is no sync of databases involved, and if you don't have a Tape drive terminator dongle installed or a Tandberg, with its terminator installed it will NEVER boot up....

That information cannot be revealed on this site. Sorry... Your vendor can help you out with passwords.

DocVic
Need help? Call Me Now!

The default password is in the callpilot manual. Don't know why you can't publish it here because it forces you to change it when you run config wizard. Rls 5 has only 1 login it is the administrator account. If you lose it you can't get back in, nortel solution is re-image it and restore a backup.

There are Administration Tools to recover the password with instruction from Nortel. The command structure is kinda weird, but it works.

DocVic
Need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back