Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 600 crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetote

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2010
MX
Hi everyone!

I'm installing a new CallPilot 600 server. I turn it on and when the Windows 2003 Server screen comes up I get a blue screen and reboots.

The blue screen comes out too fast so I cannot see the error.

Any recommendations?

yup. I would try a fresh reload, but you may have a bad hard drive. Is this a new installation? If it is, then it would be an out of box failure and a new hard drive should be sent to you by whomever the system was purchased from.

But a new image could help.

Thanks.

It is a fresh from the box, is there a way to test the hard drive and see if thats the problem?

I have a question also, on the manual it says that you have to have a scsi terminal connector. Is this terminal connector necessary?

What happens if it is not installed?

yes you need it, it will reboot like you see. or have the tape drive attached....

when the scsi driver loads it blue screens and reloads without the terminator attached. (or tape drive)

Thanks, so scsi terminator is 100% necessary, because I did not get that in the package.

Let me contact the vender to see why he did not told me about that particular thing.

Thanks to all...

If you got an external tape drive for backups, they used to be terminated internally. I can say that the last 600 I put in there was an external terminator that was sent.

Field replacement units (FRUs)

Description of part Part number

Hard disk drive mechanical tray NTRH9205E5
External SCSI terminator NTRH9244E6
Power supply NTRH9245E5
Fanset NTRH9246E5
Hard drive NTRH9247E6
DDR memory (x2) NTRH9224E5
DVDROM/CDRW combo NTRH9232E5

FYI, the old SLR 75 tape drive from 2008, the cable that shipped with that had issues and NORTEL came out with a replacement....

i found a refurbished connector and it worked.

Thanks to all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back