Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 5.0 - sending WAV file to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbest

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2007
CA
Hi guys. Maybe this has been covered before, but...

Can CallPilot 5.0 send a message left in a voice mailbox to an email recipient via a WAV file? I'm getting conflicting messages from our support partner and tech support groups.

Remote Notification has been working for some time now, but I don't see any hints as to how to send the WAV files directly.

Thanks guys.

WAV files are part of "Desktop Messaging", an optional feature that you must buy licenses for. Log into CallPilot and go to System and click on Server Settings and display the "Features/Services" info. If you see Desktop Messaging then you have the feature. Now change the Features/Services info to Resources and there you'll see how many licenses are there and how many are in use.

Good Luck!

Hi rameyj. Appreciate the response. We do have DM with suffient licenses. I myself use it. It's connected into my Lotus Notes email client. And I do get to vmail messages through that view. However, I have to be logged into my computer and Lotus Notes to see and hear the WAV file. We have many people who have a DM mailbox class to get the remote notification, which do not have or want to use the DM client on their desktop. It would be nice if CP sent, attached to the email notification, the WAV file itself so they could hear the message on say their smartphone without requiring the DM client connected into our Enterprise email system. Other voicemail software packages do this (Shoretel I've been told does this) and was hoping CP allowed it.

Unfortunately CallPilot requires DM for WAVS. As far as I know there is no way around this.

I think you can implement Mycallpilot, and is not necessary DM

Simple solution to this, No desktop messaging or MyCallPilot required, however you need to have the licences for desktop messaging and make or add to a class of service. Set up message forwarding rule using wav files in the users mail box. Have user enable rule when they logon to their mailbox (there will be a system message telling them of a new feature)via the TUI. Done!

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

The best thing to do is to use mycallpilot since customer doesn't want to use desktop messaging. This allows the user to change or disable the messaging forwarding address if needed. This takes it out of the hands of the administator and gives user more contol. The was notfiy user of message and user can open message as a wave file. If you need futher assistance refer to the following link [URL unfurl="true"]https://support.avaya.com/search-landing/?query=avaya callpilot desktop messaging user guide for my callpilot[/url]. Select the lastest version of the Desktop Messaging User Guide for My CallPilot. And reference the section for Setting up Message forwarding.

The best thing to do is to use mycallpilot since customer doesn't want to use desktop messaging. This allows the user to change or disable the messaging forwarding address if needed. This takes it out of the hands of the administator and gives user more contol. The was notfiy user of message and user can open message as a wave file. If you need futher assistance refer to the following link callpilot desktop messaging user guide for my callpilot [URL unfurl="true"]https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100121165[/url]. Select the lastest version of the Desktop Messaging User Guide for My CallPilot. Reference the section for Setting up Message forwarding.

Actually, for future FYI guys, this can be done. The CallPilot Mailbox "Class" has to have "Message Forwarding Rule" checked (which should be available for a DM based class). This will open up the Message Forwarding Rule area of the mailbox definition. Add a rule, with the destination email address identified, insure that WAV pushbutton option is selected. Complete the add and update the mailbox. The next step is that this must "enabled" via the phone by dialing the CP tool option, and selecting "enable". Done. Works brilliantly! A WAV file of the new message will be sent to the identified email address. (You can do the "enable" via MYCALLPILOT but since we don't yet have MCP working, the phone does fine).

Sorry, to be specific the enable is done within the voice mailbox of the owning DN... call the voice mailbox (as if retrieving) and use the 8*, 5, 1, 1 Options to "enable" the function. If you make a change to the rule, the function is "diabled" and must be "enabled" again. Easier through MyCP probably, but without it, the phoneset will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back