Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 5.0 Reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTITEK

Vendor
Jan 16, 2009
US
I have Callpilot Manager/Reporter (5.00.4141) installed on a Windows 2003 server. I can access the login page for manager, but when I enter the correct login information I get the following error:

Could not create Config Wizard object. Login Failed. [ -2147221005 ]

Originally had no Java, but I have downloaded and installed JRE 1.4.2_19 and rebooted the server. Still no go. Same error. Any ideas?

Do you have Terminal services installed on the server. Might be from a program allowing remote administration.

From Nortel

Symptom:
Unable to run reports.
Error: Could not create Config Wizard object. Login failed. (-2147221005)

Cause:
Server has HP Visualize Workstation for remote administration. Terminal services installed Reporter not supported with terminal services installed.

Problem Resolution

Fix:
Install CallPilot Manager with Reporter on a supported server configuration.

Check to make sure nothing extra is loaded on the server.

janaya,

Thanks for your response. I saw that solution on the Nortel PIC page also but was a little dubious as it related to Callpilot 2.02

If I go to Start>Programs>Administrative Tools I do see Terminal Services Manager and Terminal Services Configuration. No way that I can see in there to turn them off. I services I see terminal services started and manual but no way to stop the service. In the description it does say to prevent prevent remote use of this computer, clear the checkboxes on the remote tab of system properties which they are. All you can do is disable the service but it is still started. If you disable the service and reboot it does not come back as started, but I get the same error.

If you go to add/remove Windows components the terminal server checkbox is not checked, but that may not be related to terminal services.

For all I know it is in the installation and Windows 2003 server will have to be re-installed without terminal services. We are getting a bit beyond my understanding of Windows 2003 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back