Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 5.0 Auto Login for VM w/Shared DNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

napatamm

Programmer
Oct 5, 2008
US
I have a CP 5.0 running with a CS1000E PBX. Several employees work at more than one location tied to this system. The question was posed to me about the inability to use auto-login if the VM shares two DNs. I have not been able to figure this out. Currently, if a user has one VM and one DN, auto-login can be used. But, if a user has one VM and two DNs, the enable auto-login feature grays out in CP Manager.

Is there a way around this to allow a user with one VM and two DNs to auto-login to their VM?

Thanks for any help!

I tried to take it one day at a time, but a whole bunch of them attacked me at once!

If Maibox Shares DN is selected, all Auto Logon settings are disabled and turned off. Working as designed.

Thanks for the answer...although it was not was I was hoping to hear. So it looks like my CEO will have to go back to 2 VMs if he wants auto-login...

I tried to take it one day at a time, but a whole bunch of them attacked me at once!

or don't use share DN, why would a CEO use share DN anyway

He has two offices that are about 65 miles apart. Has a desk phone at each end, has had both DIDs for years before we even implemented our CS1000e. Currently I have it programmed that both DIDs ring on both sets.

I thought about setting up just an MWI on both sets, but he wanted both of his DNs to roll into the same VM.

I could have the second DN forward on busy/no answer to the first DN. I'm not sure if that would cause any issues with how many rings before callers get to VM. At least it would allow me to re-enable auto-login...

pick 1 number and make it the prime dn on both set and the other the secondary dn.

this way, you can have 1 mb associate with the prime dn and the other number add it in the extension dn field.

the lamp will light for the prime dn and add an extended message waiting indicator key (xmwi)to 1 set to light the non-prime dn.

only problem with this is at 1 site his did would be on some other key other than 0

His current setup is as follows. And he has M3903s at both locations

Northern office: Key 0 is DN 89xx
Key 1 is DN 78xx

Southern office: Key 0 is DN 78xx
Key 1 is DN 89xx

MWI currently lights on both sets for VM that shares DNs. He also has a habit of forwarding DN 78xx to DN 89xx as he is in the northern office about 70% of the time. What would happen if I made DN 78xx hunt to DN 89xx - would it go into DN 89xx VM on busy/no answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back