Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 5.0 201i 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

30n30w

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2013
US
I'm going to ask the dumbest of questions, but what exactly does the Callpilot 5.0 installation CD say on its face? I have an "Applications" CD and a "Desktop Messaging" CD in the envelope. I'm assuming the system CD says something like "Installation" or "System" ?

I was considering doing a reinstall of Callpilot do to some weird issues, and when I went to the safe, I can't find the original install CD in the envelope. I haven't been under a maint contract for sometime, maybe the installer kept it ? - and they are out of business now, so I can't call them. Any ideas?

It will say something like "System Image for i201 rls 5.0

Yeah....can't find that one. I've looked everywhere I can think of. Any one have a copy they could share?

I think I already provided this to someone, so I will have a dig in the garage on Monday (2 CD's I believe)

You will need the languages disc's also if you are reloading, not sure if I have them

I would appreciate any help. I know I have language discs from Callpilot 4; and I'm still looking everywhere I can think of for the 5.0 discs - I'm wondering now if the installer ever left them with us...That was back around the time I had just started here, so I wasn't in charge of that install.

I've downloaded them. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Now to find some language CD's or determine of the 4.0 ones will work. I'm wondering now if this was just a straight upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0, and there never was system or language CD's...

when you do the upgrade you run through the setup wizard and it should request the Language CD's (Updated and extra prompts)

Thanks again for all the info. You have been a tremendous resource! I guess I will post in the main Nortel forum and see if someone will have pity on me and iso some copies of their 5.0 language CD's.... because I sure can't locate any on site.

Ok found one of the language CD's it was with a 1005 server disk but I think the language disks are generic

The verinfo.txt file on the disk contained the following:

CallPilot 5.0
Language Prompts (CD 1 of 2)
American English: version 1
Canadian English: version 1
Canadian French: version 2
LA Spanish: version 3
BR Portuguese: version 2
Australian vers 2
Taiwanese vers 2
Simplified Chinese (PRC) vers 2
Cantonese vers 2
Japanese vers 2
Thai vers 1
Korean vers 1
Nortel removed from prompts 16901 and 89310
Remove Nortel from custprmt.dat
May 7th, 2010
NTUB44KA
N0200930

Man...you are my new best'tis friend! Thank you SO much. These forums have always been a great resource for me over the years, and I've always tried to help others whenever I could. But I've never asked for anything like this before, but I'm sure glad you were willing to help. I'll find out Sunday morning if you've saved my a!s....

Does anyone have a case of beer?

Use that "Great Post" link to the right, especially with posts like this.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back