Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 4.4.4 Harddrive Partitioning 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevatwork

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2006
Hi

Can Someone please tell me the recomended sizes of partitions for callpilot 4.4.4

I am asking because we want to install CPSECPEP010S (ms hotfixes) and CPSECSP2S (win2k3 sp2) yet we only have 650 mb free on c:, nothing in c:\temp and if i run disk clean up on c:
I can only free 946kb with compressing old files. We have a D: with 38gb free space.

Thanks

Trevor

Hi

Forgot to mention it is 201i

Should the os be on d: ?

trevatwork...you need cp40404SU04S.exe pep
you have to have CPSECPEP010.msi installed before
you can go to CPSECPEPSP2S.msi because you will
have to install CPDSKPEP001S.msi before you put
CPSECPEPSP2S.msi on the server the cpdskpep001s.msi
pep will free up the disk space you will need for the
SP2.msi pep.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

You don't do the partitioning on a Callpilot, the install happens off and Image CD/DVD so you don't get the option when you are installing it. Don't repartition after either.... you might mess it up then......

I just got done installing CPSECPEPSP2S last week. Even after you run the disk cleanup PEP you will still need to change the virtual memory to 16 MB on the C: drive and 752 MB on the D: drive. This will give it just enough space to install the PEP. Once installed you will need to change the file sizes back to 384 MB for both drives.

Hi DavidC271

Thanks, I did the install last week i still had to run disk cleanup and compress old files to get sp2 on. We now have 1.09gb free on c:

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back