Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 4.0 windows password

Status
Not open for further replies.

munozj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2010
US
Our system hasn't been touched since it was installed and no one can find the administrator passwords. I can login to the cpanel but not the actual desktop. I need to change the ip address of the C-LAN.
This is on an appliance card with no cd drive or usb to boot my password hack tools with.

Suggestions anyone?

I tried the default passwords that came with the installers manual but they have been changed. Also tried every commonly used password around here that we could think of.

This is a hard one. With Call Pilot 4.0 you were forced to change the passwords for Administrator/NGenDist/NGenSys/NGenDesign when you first logged in (via Config Wizard). If you don't know them you can't change them.

I have used a Windows Password Reset program to hack the Call Pilot server, but only as a last resort and always with serious implications.

My program blanks all Windows passwords, so the problem is, there are user logins that are NOT visible to the Administrators. Mainly the system login/password that is used to backup the system. Luckily the customer had PASS and Avaya got in and reset those passwords. They just couldn't reset the main Administrator login.

Has always been a problem with Windows. What you might try doing is getting with your Network folks and seeing if they have an application (or someone here may know of one - it won't normally be a free program)that can blank passwords of selected user logins.

Other than that, the only way I would know is to scratch the system and then restore the user database.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope it will get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks. I was tempted to remove the mini IDE hardrive and hack the SAM database but luckly someone found some old notes with the pw written on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back