Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 4.0, Outlook 2003, Desktop Messaging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
I came in this morning and had problems with my Outlook 2003 starting up after some automatic updates that were performed last night / this morning.

Knowing how sometimes there could be issues with Nortel software after updates occur, I uninstalled the Desktop Messaging on my PC and Outlook started working fine.

When I go to reinstall Desktop Messaging, I get the following error message:

Setup has detected CallPilot Server Software. Nortel CallPilot Desktop Messaging cannot be installed on the Call Pilot Server.

Now, I went through and checked for any Call Pilot folders and even went through the registry and deleted any Call Pilot references.

Can any point me in the right direction on how to fix this problem and reinstall the Desktop Messaging Outlook Add-in..??

Thanks in advance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

dehlert...did you restart your pc after you deleted
callpilot desktop messaging?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Yes, I have tried rebooting a numbers of times after clearing the registry and such.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

I fixed the problem. One thing we do when we get our Nortel install disks in, is that we copy them to a shared drive.

The best I can remember it that it turns out that about a week ago, I inadvertently had clicked on the setup.exe in the wrong directory/folder. I have tried to start a CalPilot Server install. Oops.

It turns out that there are some registry entries and a folder created on the local drive that make the PC now look like a server. One thing to note to people, is that when you are searching the registry, seach for both "Call Pilot" and "CallPilot" as I found both types of entries in my registry.

Further file and registry deletions solved the problem and I was able to reinstall Desktop Messaging.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back