Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 4.0 Lotus Notes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwinter

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2006
CA

Has anyone experienced the following problems with desktop messaging (04.04.04.12) and Lotus Notes (6.5.3)?

Can not access the company address book.

Can not send desktop messages to SDL (Shared Distribution Lists).

Yes, I am currently experiencing a problem with Lotus Notes (6.5.3) and CallPilot Desktop Messaging Client (4.04.04.12): When Notes "global address" book is selected as the directory to use while attempting to address a new CallPilot Desktop message, it fails to open the addressbook and effectively blocks any other attempts, due to the fact that the DskTpMsg Client always attempts to use the last addressbook selected. At this point, the only recourse is to uninstall, then reinstall the DskTpMsg client, to be able to use the Client on one of the working CP directories. I've been chasing this problem for several months now, primarily due to limited support from our vendor (un-named). Currently I am working with our Lotus Notes Administrator on a developmental Notes server with CP DskTpMsg. to try to resolve this problem. The Dev-Notes server is running 6.5.5, and the CPDskTPMsg appears to work fine with the Global Address book, though the Notes Admin can't explain why this is. Does problem scenario listed above, match your situation?

I have found a temporary solution to this problem. You can restrict CallPilot users access to the company address book by creating a custom msi installation of the client.
I have this problem escalated all the way to Nortel's CallPilot Design Team and IBM.
You can also fix this problem from the registry, but it is only a quick fix.
Let me know if you require details.

To clbradshaw: Yes, if you could provide details on the temporary registry fix, and/or specifics on the MSI setup, that would be great. I know were not suppose to exchange email addresses, but I can provide a temporary Fax account number if you want to send me a fax. Thanks, TSwan.

Registry Reset

If you encounter the address book freezing in Lotus Notes. Following the registry path below you can temporarily reset the last address book accessed.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nortel\CallPilot\Desktop Messaging\Accounts\{user account}

"Last Address Book"= 0

Set the above value to 0 from whatever it was stated to allow you to select another address book other than the corporate address book.

For the customized installation reference the following document.

CallPilot
Release 4.0
Document Number: 555-7101-505
Document Version: Standard 1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back