Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 4.0 & Desktop Messaging for FAX...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehlert

MIS
Nov 1, 2005
US
We are attempting to replace a Genifax server with CallPilot fax services.

Currently, I have a Department who has installed the Genifax drivers on all of their PC's (approximately 500 PC's) to allow their employees to send faxes.

Not all of the people receive faxes via this server.

The Call Pilot Server that we are transitioning to has mailbox passwords set to expire every 35 days.

In order to configure desktop messaging, you need to supply a mailbox that the fax will be sent from. I would like to be able to install the Call Pilot FAX drivers on all of the PC's and supply a mailbox number in which the password does not expire because having to either visit 500 PC's or passing a new password out via email is either too time consuming or security stupid..!!

Can you configure a mailbox on CallPilot to not have an expiring password while the remainder of the mailboxes on the server do have expiring passwords...??

If that is not possible, does anyone support a large number of users who share a single mailbox for outbound faxes and if so, how do you handle expiring passwords..??

Thanks in advance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

I believe, password expiration is system wide, and cannot be setup per mbox or COS.

I have another question in regards to this. Has anyone installed the Call Pilot FAX drivers onto a Microsoft Print Server to share between a number of different users..??

Thansk

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

I thought mailbox password expiry was a system wide option not mailbox class, I have never seen this option in the mailbox class. If you have found a way to do it per class post it that would be helpful since I hear this question often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back