Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 4.0 201i replacement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowndog

MIS
Jun 18, 2004
US
I am pretty sure i know what the answer to my question is going to be but i have to ask.

I had a hard drive go bad on me and now i am looking to get a replacement 201i up and going.

I was able to have a card sent over from one of my other sites that went avaya. same software rls and it was a smaller site so i figured it would not be a problem. swapped the security dongle and the media processor cards and it booted up just fine. started to run the config wizard to enter my network\ip info. all a go. got to the part where i entered my existing keycode and thats where i ran into a snag.

the keycode i was attempting to enter was looking good because it had more seats\licenses associated with it compared to the site the card came from with one exception. the desktop messaging values were off. my site was alloted 10 seats and the site where the replacement card came from was alloted 20 seats.

its considered a downgrade so troubleshooting came to a grinding halt. we dont even use the desktop messaging.

does anyone know of a way around this without reinstalling\reimaging the drive?

thank you in advance.

Key codes only work on the system they were generated against/on, re-image as thought.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

thanks for chiming in curlycord.

i was finally able to obtain a scsi drive and i performed a reimage. the only problem was shortly after it was completed and before the windows server actually started, a window opened that prompted to enter the keycode.

i was unable to change the keycode as both times i reimaged the card, windows stopped responding not allowing me to update the keycode.

i am able to get through the entire cp configuration right up until the final configuration where it errors out on a keycode mismatch, even though all the information comes up correctly when i am entering system info.

Is there a way to mod\edit the keycode registry to see what is entered and change it if need be? last ditch effort before i pitch to have a new card purchased that is factory defaulted.

Thanks.

have a card sent over from one of my other sites that went avaya. same software rls and it was a smaller site so i figured it would not be a problem. swapped the security dongle and the media processor cards and it booted up just fine."

Did you put all parts back they way it was and ONLY image/replace the drive?
You may need to contact a vendor as you might have a wrong key code or an Authorization code, Auth codes are converted to key codes via KRS/Vendor

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

everything swapped over from the faulty card to the replacement card in same fashion.

ran the reimage from the original 201i image disks that were used on the faulty card when it was first installed.

cant seem to find any info on how to factory reset the card. obvuiously it can be done if i can go out and buy a refurb card.

i am waiting on funding to be approved for a "new" card but i w ould love to get the perfectly good card i have now to work. Not that i want to save money, its just bothering me that im pretty sure it can be done, i just cant figure out how to do it.

thanks.

I don't know your system well but this is how it generally works...

Key codes are generated to the serial # of the hardware.

If the hardware fails you need to put a ticket in with an Avaya Vendor, have the key re-generated to a new one against the new hardware if deemed the old hardware is defective.
The faulty hardware must then be shipped back to Avaya to be Decommissioned or you will be charged as if a new authorization code.

So put everything back the way it was except the HD.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back