Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 202i Diversion/Redirected Number Oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
I have a CallPilot 202i running 05.01.04. I have a SIP DID routed to CallPilot and am using Asterisk as a media gateway (QSIG T1 to the Meridian). When calls are forwarded to the DID, the diversion/redirected number comes through but is prepended with a star. So CallPilot answers with "You have been forwarded to a voicemail system. However, the person at STAR, ONE,...does not subscribe to this service."

The easy solution would be to add the Extension DN prefixed with *, but of course CallPilot Manager throws a "The value specified for extension X can contain only digits" error.

I haven't a clue where the star is coming from. In pulling apart SIP headers and Q.931 debug, it appears the diversion number comes across prefixed with a "+". Is it possible the M1 is translating the + to a *? Any idea on how I may work around this?

For what it's worth, the call path is SIP DID Provider <-SIP-> Asterisk 16 <-QSIG PRI-> Cisco ISR 2851 <-QSIG PRI-> M1.

what version on software are you on guessing by the "Meridian" its oldish? Just a really useful feature CMDB in latest release. Other option look at the DCH trace on the incoming QSIG and see what is in the setup, is it possible to remove it with DAPC?

It's running CS1000 5.5.

then DAPC on the RDB might work, what format is the call in maybe show a setup message from DCH trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back