Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 201I server Adminstrator password lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluesabc

Technical User
Nov 10, 2010
CA
Anyone knows any known good tools (you have tried it yourself) to reset the Callpilot 201I Server Adminstrator's password?

Yes. I have used some utilites to reset the passwords on the Windows server.

Do you have the distributor level password for support tools? If not you open up a huge can of worm.s

The problem with some of the utilities is that they reset all passwords and there are certain services that are login/password dependent. Access to Call Pilot Application Builder is one. It requires a system login and password that is not published, nor broadcast in the application. It is at the root level, but you need the correct password for that to work.

Check with your IT guys to see if they can reset this for you. Most Network Admins have a tool to do this.

John

Yes I do have distributor level password for support tools.
We do not have IT person helping me on this window 2003 server password reset.
If you have this utility, that can reset the administrator password, could you send to me? And procedures as well? thanks.

If you can still get into the CallPilot Manager, you can reset the Administrator, NGenDist, and NGenSys from Configuration Wizard.

If do not have Admininstrator password, don't think you can change administrator password in Callpilot Manager.

Do you have any user accounts setup with administration rights? ? ? If so you should be able to change the admin account password. . .

It's 5.0 Callpilot. The only account name known of is Administrator.

Sorry was thinking of mail administration admin account 000000. I see you are after the OS administrator password. Should have looked closer at what I briefly scanned over. . .

Just search for "Resetting Windows Administrator Login and Password" in Google. You will be presented with numerous tools that you can purchase to reset this. But beware of the consequenses. I cannot send you mine because I pay for the service and it's not cheap, but you can find similar applications online.

I did search these tools already and I just want to know which tool is proven procedure for 201 server 5.0. Any one else try it before?

make (Nortel Ghost process) an image of the system first before you try this, then you can always restore the image if the password reset messes up callpilot.

I use a program called Windows Pass Reset. I could not find the exact program vi agoogle, but this works very well. Make sure you have a good backup, (run through CallPilot Manager). This is an offline utility that resets the "administrator: password only.

Good Luck,
Barnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back