Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 201i - SCSI CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulfo666

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
GB
Does anybody know if the 201i supports bootable CDs on a SCSI CD drive.

Issue. Admin Password has been lost by Maintainer. We have a Boot CD that allows Admin Password to be reset. But will the 201i support the bootable CD ?

if you are talking about a bootable cd that is for a
desktop pc the answer is no.if your service provider
does not know the the password or how to reset it they
can go to nortel otherwise get a good backup and
reimage the drive to default the password then restore
the database.if it was me i would go to nortel,but they
will want $$$$.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

If we got the one hot NGENDist password from Nortel would that allow us to reset the Administartor password ?

no.you would have to have the password the would allow
you reset admin password in system utilities.and it
is a protected password.they do not give it out to
just anyone.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Are you talking about the Server Administrator Password? or the Call Pilot Manager admin password?

If the server password is missing, try the default if on 2.02, after that Config Wizard prompts you to change it.

If you have a good backup, just use the disk image CD and rebuild the server. It doesn't take that long and then just restore your backup. I have done that for customers and it works fine.

I don't know of a way to break the server admin password without getting 3rd party software. I know it's out there. You can google it, but they all seem pretty expensive.

The CDROM Drive on the 201i does support bootable CD - you have about 3 second to chose booting from CD during boot, so pay attention - if you don't choose anything, it defaults to the HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back