Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 201i SCSI CD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

thertel00

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2007
US
My CallPilot hard drive failed this week so I bought a CD drive do I can rebuild it. It is a wide-SCSI drive, but I have the proper adapter cable and terminator on it so that it should be compatible with the SE interface. I boot the server into rom-dos and try to install NT but I get the following error:

Device Driver not found: 'SYM001'
No valid CD-ROM drivers detected.

Any thoughts? I searched for an old SE CD-ROM drive, but could not locate one.

CP Version: 2.02
Platform: 201i in an Option 11c on r25.40

Sounds like you have some problems..did you change the boot source to the cd rom.Did you get a new HD, do you have a backup to restore from, I guess you have the OS, there is a few CD's that you need.

You're going to need a Plextor External SCSI CD. $50-$150 on e-bay. Set the Tape Drive to ID 5 and the CD to ID 3. Only use the Call Pilot Image CD to boot from, to restore Call Pilot. You will also need the Language (Americas)CD. If you have a current backup, restore it when prompted. Download SU05 from the Nortel site to Update the system with current level patches.

Good Luck,
DocVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back