Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 201i installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdkpa

Technical User
Nov 26, 2007
US
Our Callpilot 201i lost its hard drive a couple days ago and I'm having a heck of a time getting it back online. It's in an Option 11c in slot 10 and when I'm going through the config wizard and get to the part of the switch setup where you assign SCNs, the first two of the four boxes you use to select TNs are greyed out.

I've gathered from LD 20 that it's expected on TNs 010 0 00 00 through 010 0 00 07 (DNs 2100 through 2107, if my memory serves). The IT guy helping me thinks the greyed out boxes are contributing to our failure - he'd like to select 10 in the first box because of the way the TNs are expressed in LD 20. Can someone tell me if they're always greyed out or if something is causing this?

I don't think this is exactly the problem but I'm coming up short when asked to explain why we have no voicemail and calls directed to the CDN (6900) end up ringing on the attendant's phone. Dialing the DNs directly results in a busy signal..

Ideas?

(and yes, i know we should've backed up -- i was told we had a backup but the tape turned out to be blank when i tried to restore it!)

its suppose to be greyed out on an OPT11C. The format is
L-S-C-U. On the 11s there's no Loop or Shelf, just Card and Unit.

BTW: The CP should not be in slot 10. Nortel release a bulletin stating that CP should not resides in slot 9/10 of the 11C or Minis

yyrkroon:

???!? I've seen a bazillion 11c's with the 201i in slot 9 and 10. I can understand not using 10 because there is no slot 11, but not slot 9?

Please elaborate.

here's the excerpt from the bulletin:

Background:
The CallPilot 201i IPE server platform requires two consecutive card slots for installation. The server receives necessary
12V power from the switch via two backplane connectors on the left and right-hand side of the server.
In an Option 11 cabinet, slots 1 through 9 provide 12V power. Slot 10 provides 5V power.
When installing a CallPilot 201i IPE server in any Option 11 cabinet, both of the server backplane connectors must be
installed in slots 1-9 to receive proper power.
Analysis:
Potential Problems:
In a system where either 201i backplane connectors resides in Slot 10, the site will experience DSP errors and other
power related errors.
Recommendations:
When installing a CallPilot 201i IPE server in any Option 11 cabinet, both of the server backplane connectors must be
installed in slots 1-9 to receive proper power. Neither connector can reside in Slot 10 on the Opt11 cabinet.

Yes, I've seen the bulletin and it caused me a bit of consternation when I noticed ours in slot 10, but then it's been working fine that way for a year and a half without DSP errors and so forth. That being said, I'll be bringing it up on a call with Nortel tech support in the morning - I'm curious what they'll say, particularly since it was the biggest local Nortel shop who installed it.

I noticed today that the TNs are all on the first DS30X channels and they're showing in Callpilot Manager as uninitialized. When I do a stat 010 in ld 20, they show an idle state with the message "(2008 LOG IN)" after each.

yyrkroon...you should not put a callpilot server
in slots 9 or 10 in opt11.it can go in slots 8&9
but do not put in slot 9 this came out and i will post
the doc as soon as i locate it and slot 9 in the first
cabinet is not supported in rls 4.0 callpilot

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back