Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 200i.... Which cable for ELAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCR840

Technical User
Dec 27, 2007
US
We are having to install an old 200i on an 11C cabinet. I have some 201i cables (NTRH09) I think that is the part number. Will this work on a 200I? I cant find a manual anywhere. I have read that there is a box the size of an ATA that has to be used. Any help will be appreciated.

The cable is actually a NTRH0912 multi I/O cable and is used for Option11C, Option11C mini and CSE1000. It connects to the amphenal connector the coresponds to the first slot your 201i is plugged into. Connect the other end RJ45 cables to ELAN and CLAN as labled on the end of the cable. No other boxes are required. There is a 3rd connector for a modem for RAS but it is so slow I wouldn't worry about it.
This is all in the Nortel CallPilot Installation & Configuration guide. part# NTRG01AF / A0520419. Great reading!

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I am familiar with that cable, but was told there is somthing different for the 200 I.

That is the only cable I have used for 201i installs on the listed systems. Remember don't belive everything you are "told", so read the manual.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

If I remember correctly, the 200i uses a amphenol cable from the backplane connector to a port expander box about the size of a modem; that has the ELAN, TLAN and 9-pin serial (modem) connections on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back