Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 2.01 Backup Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenVegas

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
US
We have the callpilot server 201i running Callpilot 2.01. Our vendor never set this unit up to any backup solution.

I haven't found anything good in the manuals so I was hoping somebody could recommend a good solution.

Any advice would be helpful.

Ken

You can connect a SCSI Tandberg tape drive to it and after a reboot, you can go into the backup manager and have it backup to the tape.

I think you can also do a network backup on that version, which will let you backup you data to a network drive. I am not positive that your version will allow you to do that though. If so, make sure the NgenSys and NgenDist accounts are added as local users on the server/PC you are backing up the data to and make them administrators of the folder.

Ok, I am trying to set up the network backup but I keep getting authentication errors stating invalid user and password.

Is there a way I can set the accounts it uses for the net backup?

Yeah, you have to create local accounts on the remote server for the callpilot admin accounts NGenSys and NGenDist. The password for these has to match what they are for callpilot as well. NGenDist uses ntdist for it's passord I believe and you probably know the NGenSys password from logging into the call pilot server. They definitely have to have full control over the folder that you are backing up to, and may have to be local admin accounts as well on the server.

I have had mixed scenarios on this is why I saw you may have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back