Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 150 on Nortel System. Option 7 Transfer on External Telephone number not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Bisaillon

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2016
CA
Hi,

Usually to activate this option

Feature 981
Admin
Then you should have the option for TEL or EXT. I only get the option for LOCAL EXTENSION.

I'm pretty sure I need to activate that option somwhere but not sure where.

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks

Sounds like that system has been secured against hackers. They do it by getting into a mailbox and set that option to dial a trunk access code, 1010 number etc etc which allows them to make LD calls on the system owner's dime.

You would have to unsecure the system and allow mailboxes to dial out and I doubt that you will find anyone on this site who will tell you how to accomplish it. I hate hackers and will do everything in my power to screw them up!

Hi,

I would be surprise it would be the case. Nortel unit was just reset to factory default. Everything outside this works fine.

I'm pretty sure it's only an option to activate in the call pilot or Nortel PBX system.

We can tell you that it's in Class Of Service and it's called "External Transfer" so knowing that and using the guide for your version of Callpilot you should have no problem as long as you are the onsite admin with the admin password.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Setting outdial to pool or line would help in mailbox admin, default is set to none I believe.

Hi,

I did verif and option Enable Outbound Transfer is activate.

But when I go in Feature 981 to put the phone number, I only have EXT option.

If I do in the Mailbox configuration in my CallPilot, I do have : Outdial Type: and I need to select Line, Pool or Route (Nothing selected right now)

phoneguy427

That's what I saw. They asking me for a # after the Line/Pool/Route

If your lines are in pool "A" then enter "1" for the pool number and press ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back