Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 150 - is the serial number anywhere on the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidboy

Vendor
Aug 13, 2004
US
Hello all,

I have a new customer that had a bad CallPilot 150. It was sent in for repair. It could not be repaired, so a new (refurb) CP150 box and 3.1 software were sent back. Since it is a new box (and new serial number), I don't believe I can do a restore to the box from a backup of the old box, since their serial number differ. Even if I could, I don't know if I would want to, since it's unknown whether or not the old backup had any corrupted data.

When the repair center sent the new CP150 & 3.1 software, they sent the old CP150 motherboard. (They told me that they could not salvage the serial number from the software of the old system, so they sent the old CP150's motherboard back to me.....with them thinking that I may be able to find the serial number somewhere on the board.) Does anybody know if there is information either on the motherboard or somewhere in the backup files that will tell me what the 12 digit serial number is? If not (and since the customer has no paperwork on the keycodes that their prior vendor installed), I think I'll just have to get somebody to do a search for this customer on the KRS website & keep my fingers crossed that their information is located somewhere. Otherwise, I think they'll have to purhcase another call center keycode, which certainly isn't cheap!

Thanks is advance, everybody.

The label on the back that has the part number has a 6 digit alphanumeric serial number. I'm trying to find the 12 digit serial number for keycode registration.

If it's a Nortel label it is sometimes a NTMN number and can be used if you can't get the sys id. In the KRS both are registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back