Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 150 Auto Attendant answering issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

scocomm

Technical User
Jan 27, 2011
US
I have a Nortel KSU running 7.1 sw and a CallPilot 150. I have a PRI and all calls go to prime set. I have set up AA and have it set to answer calls after 8 rings. Calls ring to prime first and if not answered by 8th ring AA picks up. The problem I am having is when I have the AA set to answer after 8 rings the first 4 rings are not ringing the prime set. 5th ring finally rings the prime. Any thoughts?? Thx

Prime relies on Delayed Ring Transfer (DRT). It's default is 4 rings. Instead of relying on DRT you should have the Target line associated with the DID ring on the set directly. Or if you insist on using Prime set change the DRT to 1 ring.

Marv ccna

This might jog your memory as it is exactly what allworxguy recommends:
8 Rings is a long time, people may just hangup about then.

Also note Transfer Callback setting too, may want to bump it and the DRT up a few rings as not to cause any conflict.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you for the replies allworxguy and curlycord, I did review the previous thread on the Night Button. I have that working great, unfortunately the customer now wants something different. I introduced the CallPilot's AA to the equation and have all the menus built and recorded. My question is why does the DRT delay of 4 rings take effect when I have the AA answering lines but if AA is set to "NO" answering lines calls go directly to Prime. I can set DRT delay to 1, that will work but I don't understand why it becomes an issue when AA is answering lines. Thank You for your thoughts.

Depends what your ring count for answering lines is.

If you said AA answer at 5 rings then the call will DRT to the prime set before then because DRT is set to 4 rings.

Typically you would bump DRT up to 6 or more since AA or reception does the answering and also Transfer Callback set to 6 or more since AA does the transferring and a mailbox answers at 4 rings on average.

Think of DRT as a backup, if the voice mail system crashes eventually the calls DRT to the prime set based on your set ring count.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back