Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 1006r HA SU Update to 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead2

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
AU
Hi,

I recently has a problem when running the new REL5.1 SU01 on a 1006r HA server. After splitting the RAID drives on both servers, and following the Avaya documentation on stopping the EMC monitoring, I proceeded to run the SU patch. The install failed after 1 minute saying something about "unable to start service nbosavs". I looked at the SU11 status via the Patch Management tool and it showed the "REMOVE" option greyed out, yet SU11 was still showing in the status screen.
Also upon shutdown the server complained about various DLL file problems.

I rolled back the server by booting from standby RAID drive and then rebuild the drive.

But the odd thing is that when exactly the same patching process was initiated on the other HA server, it all completed OK.

I have escalated to Avaya, but the are requiring a further maintenance window to investigate fully.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue, and can give me a few pointers on where to go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back