Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 100 Web Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

callpilot01

Technical User
Aug 30, 2008
I have a CallPilot 100 and the administration was all done on the phone. I am looking to having the CallPilot accessible through my LAN which should hopefully simplify any changes that need to be done in the future. I have some questions about the parameters that will show up and am wondering if anybody can help me out.

Since the phone system was already setup when I go into the Web Quick Install Wizard and hit the Install button will it overwrite the current phone system settings? ( I believe it will ) Also there's some fields that I'm unsure of.

*Attendant DN - Enter the extension number of the CallPilot attendant.

*From Line - Enter the line number of the first line in a range of lines that you want the auto-attendant to answer. The auto-attendant answers this line and all of the lines up to the line number you enter in the To Line box.

*To Line - Enter the line number of the last line in a range of lines you want the auto-attendant to answer. The line number you enter in this box must be the same or highter than the line number you enter in the From line box.

* From Extension - Enter the extension number of the first telephone in a range of telephones you want to create a mailbox for. A mailbox is created for this telephone and for all of the telephones up to the extension number you enter in the To Extension box.

* To Extension - Enter the extension nu,ber of the last telephone in a range of telephones you want to create a mailbox for. The extension number you enter in this box must be the same or higher than the extension number you enter in the From Extension box.

* Outdial Method - Select the outdial method you want to assign to the mailboxes created using the From Extension and To Extension boxes. You can choose None, Line, Pool or Route.

If you select None, no outdial method is asigned to the mailboxes.
If you select Line, click the Outdial method text box and enter the line number of the line you want assign to the mailboxes.
If you select Pool, click the Outdial method text box and enter the line pool number of the line pool you want to assign to the mailboxes.
Note: Line pool numbers 0 to 15 correspond to the Line Pools A to O on the KSU programming interface.
If you select Route, click the Outdial Method text box and enter the route number of the route you want to assign to the mailboxes.

Will the Web GUI put in what was setup on the phone system in those fields or will I have to put them in? If I have to put them in, is there a way to find out what they are set to by checking on the phone?

Thank you very much in advance.

Your saying the Call Pilot was programmed through telset, then your saying your accessing the Wizard. They both can't be true. Yes, if you use the wizard it will overwrite. But, if it's programmed already, why would you do it? You don't need to use the wizard to put it on the network.

Adversity is Opportunity

So I won't be able to access the Wizard if it's already setup over telset? I presume that telset means over the telephone? or does it mean setup through the serial port?

So in my case if it is already setup through telset, then one can automatically manage it over the network? How would one find out the IP that is configured on the unit?

Thanks!

Telset, means through a TDM/IP telephone. You can try the default 192.168.110.10, 255.255.255.0, or connect a serial cable at 8-n-1 9600 and watch during the boot up process and it will be displayed.

Adversity is Opportunity

So if I connect over to it I'll be able to see the CallPilot Manager Interface? and all the settings that were done before via Telset will be there? I just want to ensure that this web method of administration is just another way of performing changes and doesn't involve resetting the system back to default to enable it.

Thanks.

I don't know where you got :6800 (old school BCMs). But, to answer your basic issues. Do not run the wizard. Use the default IP or serial plan to (find IP)connect to Call Pilot and be able to make changes via a GUI. Will not reset!

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back