Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 100/150 web interface not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Amos

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2022
US
in reference to thread799-1776937, I have 3 Call Pilots that have starting failing at the same time. 2 are CallPilot 100's and the 3rd is a 150.

On all 3 the web interface to do remote admin of accounts does not respond. I've done everything I know to do. tried direct connection via crossover, different computers, etc.

It will start working after a complete power cycle of the unit but only for about a day then it stops working again. ALL other features seem to still work such as VM usage.

all 3 are on different physical networks and locations so the ONLY thing they have in common is the problem. I've checked for IP conflict. They WILL answer a network ping. I've changed network cables. This all out of desperation as my contract phone people have left me high and dry on the issue with "I don't know"

Anyone have any ideas as to the issue?

Thanks

-The thread you reference is pretty much summed up.
I made 2 suggestions at the end of that thread, but you are too vague on what exactly you have tried and those 2 suggestions you do not mention above.

The only thing I can add is try Waterfox or Firefox with TLS enabled.

What software levels are all the sites at?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the reply....

I've tried everything BUT the software upgrade/re-install. I'll talk with our phone people about that and reply back the results. Unfortunately, even though I've got a telco background, my job doesn't allow me to do the work. They say it keeps us from being liable for any mistakes, etc. I can say I don't mind that as I've got about a thousand other things to worry about. :)

Thanks

I ran into this issue with a few BCM50s. If you're using Chrome, it's probably been auto upgraded and won't support the older protocols. Try using Internet Explorer....it worked for me on the older systems.

telcodog, that's likely the problem as I've had to develop a workaround to make the BCM web page appear in most of the latest versions of browsers. Older version browsers work fine, which is why I still keep XP computers around.

Another thought. Could this be a java issue? I don't know if the CallPilot uses MD5 encryption, but when java disabled MD5 it wreaked havoc with BCM Element Manager. Turned out you could hack the java security file to enable MD5.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back