Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 100/150 Voice prompt delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanzer

Vendor
Jan 11, 2008
US
On a CallPilot 100/150 with phones that have softkeys, when accessing the CallPilot interface, typically there is a 5 second delay until the voice prompts play. I think I know what the answer to this will be, but wanted to get some input from the community.

Is there a way to change/eliminate the voice prompt delay? I know the display shows the prompts, but I find it much nicer to use with the prompts immediately playing. This comes from my years of working with CallPilot on the CS1000/Meridian side and no delay. I might be installing one for my church at some point.

Thanks.

John Panzer

Nortel designed the delay on the voice-prompts for the Norstar systems only as a secondary assistance. Maybe many years ago there were complaints about it, or something.

You can download and print the voicemail shortcut cards from the CD that comes with the CallPilot. I have no clue how to modify the voice prompts on the CP 100/150...this has made me curious, If you were to connect a CP 150 to a Meridian PBX, it becomes a CallPilot 'Mini'...I wonder if in that configuration you still have delayed voice prompts?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0

Tht only happens on the phones that have softkeys on the 8 button and 1 button the canned help stars right away jast like it does when calling in remotly.

Yes delayed because it so much easier to press what you see on the screen then listening for prompts which take longer.

i.e
I see Alternate Greeting right away so I press it, with Prompts I instead have to listen to bionic betty go on about Directory or Primary Greeting first.

I can see the prompts being good for people whom cant spell, understand short form or just simply useless, visually impaired or people that may have a bad display.

As a normal user with a working display I cant see why it should play at the same time when I see it on the display, in fact almost confuses....shut up and let me press my buttons!!!. lol

I don't see why this would impact the decision of installing a great system.

I have installed in more than 20 churches myself.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back