Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 10/150 loses config when using CallpilotBRU.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

konanick

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2008
US
Hey folks,
I've experienced this issue twice in two years, same unit.
The browser interface is used to get into Operations and initiate a backup (using IE9 on Windows7, 64)
The CallPilotBRU.exe is used to start a Backup, the CP IP is set, the destination folder is chosen.
When a backup starts, it creates a 1K 5e.lst file only..

When returning to the browser interface, CP is in install mode.. Restoring from my year old BU brings it back, including licensing, but ..it's a year old backup. New mailboxes, CCR Tree, Company greetings need to be recreated etc etc etc.

I was able to create a fresher backup after a restore and tedious rebuil, so I'm scratching my head looking for a root cause:

*a mailbox or mailboxes too full? <-next time I'll run a report prior to performing a BU.
*permissions? , <-unlikely as the app is run by an admin.
*Browser window didn't close prior to starting BU? <-I may not have allowed IE to close the window when CP wanted me to..
*? <-something else?
If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear how to avoid this in the future. Smoking a good config by creating a backup is spelled irony.
best,
NH

Nortel Norstar MICS 7 + Callpilot 100 / T7316E / If I had Nortel certification this would be a cinch. haha. if my Vendor had it...

In a nut shell are you try to say "when I do a backup it defaults my system"?

If so maybe a glitch on the CP or trying to use unsupported Windows.

Try Windows XP as that was the last supported Windows
If still an issue do a Reinstall that wipes out programming
Then do a backup with XP before you attempt to reprogram the system.
If works then try again using Win7

The file should be about 10K or bigger

Supported Windows:
Windows 98 SE
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows XP Professional
Win NT 4.0 SP6a

Virtual PC/Machine
You could also try installing Windows XP Mode onto Windows 7 so you can run older applications.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back