Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 1.07

Status
Not open for further replies.

id07355

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
Does anyone know what this error msg means?

Reverse RPC connection with Admin Server cannot be established.

Whenever i try to create/view/delete a mailbox i receive this error. Does anyone have any experiance in dealing with CallPilot at all?

Something is preventing 2-way traffic between your admin client and the Call Pilot server. Are you on the CLAN? Sometimes a router change is the culprit. Some types of antivirus software may cause this. Has anything been installed on that client pc lately, either applications, hot fixes, service packs, etc? What version of the admin client are you using? Assuming that it had been working on that machine and just stopped -- can you access Call Pilot with another pc, or by using a dial-up connection?

Thank you for your reply. Yes we have had some changes now that i think of it. Some security patches have been installed and also a newer version of antiviris software has been installed. But i also have the client installed on a seperate pc. It almost sounds like it could be something with the CLAN not communicating with the rest of our WAN. Any other clues?

Thanks

The version of client is 1.07 by the way.

Where was the Antivirus installed. On the CallPilot? Only certain antivirus s can be used on CallPilot.

Hi, if you run on client PC Win2000 OS,try to install the PEP NM010709G097C on client PC.

galifax,
Pardon my ignorance but what is "PEP NM010709G097C"? I'm having this same problem as of today and the only thing that was installed since yesterday is a new NIC. My old one was going bad.

Thanks.....

Not sure if you got up an running. I have had this problem and had to do the following:

Download NM010709G093C and NM101709G095C then save to my hard drive change to ".exe" instead of a ".txt". then doubleclick them to unzip them. You will then find a "run me" in both of them. Install NM010709G093c.exe first.

After I installed I was good to go. These are PEP files or patches for the Call Pilot.

Hope this helps.

This problem disappeared all by itself after a couple of days. I'm not sure what happened.

Same problem here, but after investigating why the trouble started applying all the PEPs, the trouble was with a Cisco VPN clied having statefull firewall up. So one thing to check to make sure ports are open between you and the Callpilot.

right when you get a conection error always try to ping the interface..start run command ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (ip of your default gateway) then try the same with the CP ip address..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back