Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callmaster V - Caller info

Status
Not open for further replies.

manwithaphone

Technical User
May 15, 2002
GB
I have a customer who uses callmasters 2,3 & 4 and now have to use callmaster V because we cannot get any of the old phones anymore.This company is a bank who collect the customers credit card number via the vector,which displays all the time on the old style callmasters.To get the customer inputted digits on the display of the callmaster v they have to press the caller info button which only works for a short time.My question is,is there any way this info can be presented on the screen without having to press the button or if not can the info stop on the display permanently after pressing the caller info button.

i have logged this issue on the website last week. We have the same problem on the 6416D+ phones. The Avaya Docs say it should stay on for 30secs. As we speak, Avaya are doing an MST trace and I will let you know of the outcome which will be a couple of days I guess.

Jon

You are not going to like this. Below is the official response from Avaya. I have counter attacked by saying that Page 157 on the R9 Documents say very clearly that the calls stay on thescreen for 30 seconds.I am waiting for their reply. I wont hold my breadth!!!!

Let's assume that digits have been collected via Call Prompting. If the agent
presses the CALLR-INFO button when the call is alerting at the agent's station or
when the station is active on a call appearance, the following events occur:
n Ten second timer for display interval is set.
n Status lamp (if available) associated with the button is lit.
n Display is updated. Specifically, the incoming call identification (calling
party ICI) is replaced with the collected digits in the format presented
earlier in this section. Only those digits collected for the last collect digits
command are displayed.
If all the conditions to use the button (except for the collection of digits) are set,
and the agent presses the button, the status lamp (if available) associated with
the button flashes denial.
One or more events may occur during a successful execution after the button is
pushed. These events include the following:
n Ten second timer times out.
n Incoming call arrives (at any call appearance).
n Active call changes status (for example, another caller is added to the
conference).
If any of these events occur, the following takes place:
n Status lamp (if available) associated with the button is turned off.
n Display is updated (as previously described).
NOTE:
If the agent needs to display the collected digits again, the CALLR-INFO
button can be depressed again to repeat the operation described in this
section (provided the agent is active on the call or the call is still alerting).
Also, the agent can flip between the collected digits and the ICI by
alternately pressing the CALLR-INFO and NORMAL buttons.

The callmaster 3/4 is an exception to this behaviour..........

You may include the CALLR-INFO button at the agents' display stations to help
process calls that are serviced by the Call Prompting feature. However, if the
agent has a 2-line display set, such as a 7407 or Callmaster, and the display is in
normal or inspect mode, the collected digits are automatically displayed on the
second line. These digits remain on this line until they are overwritten, even after
the call is released by the agent. On the other hand, for other display sets, the
agent must press the CALLR-INFO button to display the collected digits.

-------------------------------
As I mentioned on the phone the time is not 3 secs it is 10 seconds.......here is an extract from the trace.

93 13:27:33.240 31 03001e35 <-- VDT_UPD vdt transparent downlink -----> Here the display is updated with the 14x 8's
4A0322::load displaynfo:_88888888
4A0322::load display888888__
100 13:27:43.460 40 Internal Call Process (38 msg bytes)
| 00 00 60 a2 02 00 05 89 00 00 00 00 60 a2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 --------> The timer expires
| 00 36 0a 05 9e 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
SUSER_M STA_USER<000060a2> UM_CINFO_TMO( cid=00000000)
( aux2=360a059e )

101 13:27:43.460 31 03001e35 <-- VDT_UPD vdt transparent downlink ----------> the display gets cleared
4A0322::load displayesc[nul;nulHesc[stxKa=O

102 13:27:43.460 31 03001e35 <-- VDT_UPD vdt transparent downlink
4A0322::load displayUTSIDE_CALL__

103 13:27:43.460 31 03001e35 <-- VDT_UPD vdt transparent downlink
4A0322::load display_____________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back