Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callmaster phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott99

Technical User
Feb 26, 2002
GB
I'm considering changing call centre phones to a newer model. Can anyone advise on whether the Callmaster VI's are worth considering. Otherwise we'll stay with the Callmaster IV's

Do you have a requirement for your call center that the CM IV doesn't meet? Why are you looking to change?

Dave Wolgast
HealthNow NY, Inc.

We have the CallMaster VI's in all of our Call Centers.

The phone installation (at the desk) takes longer than usual. Since there are no buttons on the VI's; you must also install CentreVu Agent on the desktop in order to use, and connect the phone station to an available COM port on the PC.

Advantages: small footprint, easy to modify buttons (since all the buttons are virtual).

Disadvantages: everytime you add or change a feature button on the set, the USER must execute a "phone data download" in order to see the new button. I haven't found a way to automate this step for them. I also modify the LABELENU.TXT file each time; so that the buttons say what I want them to say (ie; LOGOUT instead of *85). The learning curve is longer, especially for employees who don't adapt well to drastic changes. This is because (again) there is not a dial pad on the actual phone. The employee uses the numeric keypad on their keyboard. And, you cannot administer a call-timer button. Not the end of the world, but a lot of Call Center reps like to know exactly how long each individual call lasted.

Bottom line: Okay to administer with a few quirks. Make sure that you check and double-check the phone layout before deployment. And allow lots of time for training, especially for your users (you know who they are!) who will need to have their hands held. Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

appreciate the help on this. the Callmaster IV has proved itself for our call centre but its rather large. I was quite impressed by the size of the Callmaster VI but just wondering how smart the features were on this new phone. Once again thanks.

One word of caution on using the Callmaster VI phones with the CentreVu Agent software is that the software is not compatible with the Windows XP OS. The software will install, but it does not work properly. I talked to someone at Avaya and they said there are no plans to release a new version compatible with XP.

Josh
Teen Mania, TX

No one likes the V's???????? Any specific caveats other than the # of buttons? -CL

Regarding the V's ---

We use them and so far are happy with their performance.

You are correct though about the number of buttons. I find it very bothersome that I have to give up buttons for such features as "RELEASE", "HEADSET", "AUTO-IN", "AFTER CALL WORK", etc.

The only other idea would be to make the set smaller, i.e. remove the area where the handset cradle would have gone if the set had been a 6416.

Otherwise, 100 % happy with AVAYA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back