Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callmanager with Avaya Definity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster41

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
I am integrating an Avaya Definity Clan with Cisco Callmanager using h.323 gateway. I followed the document Avaya™ S8300 Media Server and Avaya™ S8700 Media
Server Networked with Cisco Call Manager using H.323
Signaling and IP Trunk Groups - Issue 1.0 and am able to make a call from a Avaya phone to a cisco ip phone but my problems are coming when I try to dial from cisco to avaya. On both the callmanager and avaya switch error logs I see the same message resources unavailable. I did a list station trace on the definity and the event that comes up is denial event 1197:resources unav/unspec I have set the avaya to handle g.711 and 729. It looks like the problem occurs when the clan uses the media processor to transcode. Anyone have any ideas or if you have got this to work provide me with some screenshots.

We have done this. but always chose to implement codec selection on the router.

on your "change ip-codec' screen make sure you have both codecs in there, then on the ccm side, verify which codec you want to you..

on the gateway configuration of teh CCM, you did put in the IP of the CLAN correct?

Then also verify the regions that the medpro and clan are in..

Can you post the "change ip-network-region #" "change ip-codec #" and then the "change ip-interface" screen?

Thanks

BuckWeet

Buckweet, is there anyway you can send some screen dumps from a working avaya to cm config, I can supply you with my email address? Here is some more info cisco ip phone to avaya digital or ip phone you do not get any ringback and when you press the ? key on the cisco ip phone codec is none. I have tried g.711 and g.729, ON the callmanager I even created two separate regions and device pools one for cm and one for avaya, still no difference when I press the ? key. If I call from avaya to callmanager I get ringback and you see the specified codec whether it is 729 or 711.

We have the same issue, we can make calls via the Avaya Definity to CCM - but we are unable to make calls in the opposite direction.
The system is passing through the calling details (name, number etc) but when answered the line is dead in both directions.

I am led to believe that the issue is with the fast start communication method that the medpro card uses, CCM v4.01 only uses slow start and is then not able to correctly form a link between ccm & definity user..

Apparently then next version of ccm allows fast start in outbound direction...but we haven't tested it yet..

ready2k, thanks for the post it definitely sounds like we are having the same issue when I do a list trace on the avaya you see the problem occurs when the call gets shuffled to the medpro.

The call shuffling doesn't work properly, this being from IP endpoint to endpoint, or IP endpoint to medpro..

I don't know what the issue is..

What version of ACP CM are you running? 12.x or 11.x?

BuckWeet

Really the best way to fix it, is to do a PRI integration, this way you don't have any of the H.323 BS issues.. or wait until callmanager supports SIP :D the definity already supports SIP...

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back