Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callmanager waiting to pick up a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_Inzano

Systems Engineer
Feb 25, 2022
US
Hello all,

I'm a 911 center systems engineer and fairly new to Cisco products, and I was tossed a new project. We run Cisco CallManager in our mobile center, and we found an issue with the time that CallManager takes to "pick up" a ringing line.

The basics are we have POTS replacement devices going into FXO ports in the router. The first two incoming lines work fine. The third used to be connected to a fax machine as well as CallManager (mostly used for outgoing calls), but the fax has gone away. My working theory is when the system was originally set up, they wanted to give the fax machine time to pick up the call before CallManager grabbed it and presented it to the user. I'm not looking for a "do this to fix it", I'm just looking for what the timer might be called so I know what I'm looking for in the documentation.

I don't know what other information might be be needed to help me out, so let me know what else you need to know and I'll get it.

Thank you!

More than likely the port config on the router would be the place to look.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

As gnrlash mentioned its probably delayed in the voice gateway.
under the FXO port "voice-port" config there should be a
ring number x
command.
lower the X to a lower number to get the gateway to answer quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back