Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallManager Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmanOK

MIS
Mar 5, 2001
Does anyone have any experience with the CCM Simulator that comes with the "Developing IP Phone Services" book from CiscoPress? I am using it to try and do some development at home, but I can't work out what username and password to send to the phone! Can someone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks,
Adam

I have just installed the Sim myself, and am looking to capture screens. I re-installed CM 3.1(2c), and believe that the problem is in the CiscoURLProxy/Authentication.asp area. I am doing more testing tonight on a clean setup and hope to have more answers tomorrow.

Let me know if you have discovered a solution

I have been in contact with the author of the Cisco CallManager Simulator via my Cisco rep and he said that providing username and password credentials to the phone is beyond the scope of the sim. He also mentioned something about phone loads and said to contact phoneservices@cisco.com - I have sent a message to them, but have not received a response. As soon as I hear something I will post an update.

Ahha! I have call managers running in my lab, so I bet the best thing to do is to make the capture attempt off the call manager not the Sim.

I bet if the authentication.asp was modified to use a fixed username and password it would solve this problem. No LDAP lookup on DC Directory would be required!!

If I find out more I will post back results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back