Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callmanager route pattern change

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpma

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2010
US
We are running callmanager 6.1 and use the 9 to connect to an outside line. Basically it is the Pre Dot in our route patterns. Due to the fact that users make mistakes continually and dial 911 by mistake, I am looking to change to another number or the # key. After looking into what is needed to make the change I believe it is basically just changing the Route Patterns to reflect the new number or # key. So a route pattern of 9.(2-9)XXX... would now become #.(2-9)XXX... Also making sure that the number I choose or the # key is not used in any other location.If other applications use dial out such as faxes or such I will need to also change them. Am I missing something or is this really the bulk of the changes needed?

I gave you an answer on the general forum where you posted this already but here it is again:

As long as the # is not a used pattern already all you should have to do is change the route pattern from 9 to # as you described.
However you also need to make sure that any speed dials that users have are changed. Also speed dials on fax machines. In addition if you are using single number reach it will also have to be adjusted.
Same goes for click to dial, etc.

Finally you need to make sure that any peripherals integrated with call manager and use the call manager trunks are aware of that change otherwise outdial would stop. Peripherals can be voice mail, fax servers, meeting place, to name a few.

we had the same problem and changed to outside line acess to 8 # is used by a lot of devices genericly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back