Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling VB code from ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimiH

Programmer
May 14, 2001
GB
Is there a way of instantiating a vb project so that it runs like a compiled object when initiated using the
server.createobject method.

I would like to try and debug vb code at run time when called from an ASP page - is this possible ?

InterDev has a debugger -- but I've never been able to get it to work very well. You simply won't find a utility that will provide you with the step-through and mouseOver functionality that we all know and love about vb.

The most effective way of debugging asp code is to do response.write's here and there in the code to track the values -- this method is slow and boring and many times aggravating, but it's the only real way I've found to do it.

That's why you have to be even more careful when you're writing asp code -- and if you aren't using option explicit on every page, you're doing yourself a great disservice.

Wish I could give you better news. :-(
Paul Prewett
penny.gif
penny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back