Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling the reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunovilleneuve

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
Hi, i would like to know, in OTM 2.2 the option to call directly the reception of the building for a specific extension. Let me explain this a little bit more:

We're in a hospital with two buildings; Hospital and CLSC.
Both have a woman at the reception with the "0" extension DN.

I want someone in the CLSC doing the "0" but need to reach the CLSC's receptionnist not the one at the Hospital.

What would be the feature related to that kind of request? I'm looking nearby the NCOS or CLS in the Network Access feature but I can't figure out which one it is exaclty.

Thanks for the help.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

are you using tennant service or seperate customers? either way ncos or class will not help.. you'll need to build a steering code or at least a maxp 1 acd to give both buildings access to the remote "dial 0"

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you want peolpe in 2 seperate locations on the same switch to go to there own operator you can use Pre Translation and DLDN (Department Listed Directory Numbers).

eg.
When Group 1 dial 0 it is pre-translated to 1000
When Group 2 Dial 0 it is Pre-translated to 1001

with DLDN you can state which Attendant rings for which LDN.

So
LDN0 1000 with att 1 assigned (prompt that follows LD0)
LDN1 1001 with att 2 assigned

Although the Flashing LDN keys willbe visable to both operators only the one assigned rings.

haven't taken that approach but it is another possible path, the op stated that both stations had a key (dn) zero. when i was with sprint we used tennant service to allow each building (tennant) to have a local dial zero.. that also gave us sone flexability with ten to trunk group access.. either way the post is using otm so he needs to call someone that knows command line

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

No seperate customers on a switch is like having 2 seperate switches, the only way to get from one customer to the other is via trunks.

Tennant you can allow tennant to tennant calls and allow different Tennants to Different Trunks or the same trunks. Also Tennants can have there own Attendants.

What about an easy simple fix?

Build a menu service, have 0 point to the menu, then give the users the choice, for building A receptionist press 1, for building B press 2?
Then have them transferred to the correct place.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

well i don't know hehe i'm not the "telephony company" technician only network tech :p but we're supporting issues with the telephony system.

i'm just gonna give a try calling from that phone because i've not been in the office where the DN is since the beginning of the problem. The person in the office is not reachable so i'll go there and try the 0 to see where i am going to be hooked.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

You might try a feature called Departmental Listed Directory Number. You can read about it in the Software Feature Guide.
It takes some programming.
You must assign Listed Directory Numbers in the Customer Data Block and associate a unique number to each console.
Then in LD 11 at the LDN prompt you can enter the LDN number 0 thru 7 the phone will be associated with.
When the phone dials 0, the phone will be directed to the specific console.

BillCorv has the answer. Did it that way at a County Commission (combination Sherriff's office/District Attorney's office) one time and it worked great.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back