Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling StoreProcedure using LINK SERVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonheart007

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2006
GB
HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' was unable to begin a distributed transaction."
HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a]."
HRESULT="0x80040e14" Description="[OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Distributed transaction error]"

Hi All,
I am getting the above error when i try and run a Store procedure that calls a store procedure in another server using link server.
The sp runs fine in sql, but when i call it in BIZTALK SQl adapter i get the above error.

Any help/guidence is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a permissions problem. Can you use impersonation in the Biztalk package? Run in the context of an account that has rights to all of the involved resources.

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back