Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Skillsets Directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysAdminUK

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2015
GB
We have just found out that our users have been transferring calls directly to skillset numbers and they claim it's been working perfectly for years.
The call has successfully been transferred to the correct call queue and answered by the right people.
Suddenly, when they ring the skillset numbers, they just ring and ring and ring and don't go anywhere, eventually cutting off.

Now, this is a shock to me, I had no idea it was possible, I have nothing but the users words that it ever worked. So I have no idea why it worked then, and I have no idea why it's not working now. If it did ever work, none of them can be called directly now, and they are saying it just stopped working in the past week or 2 weeks.

So, can anyone shed any light in this mystery?

For example:
Skillset called Support.
End users call through on a number, lets say 0800 800 800.
They are routed through to Greeting table 1
Which routes them through to CCR Tree 1
Which gets them to skillset 6001

So, our users in finance for example, who wanted to put people through to support were transferring them to 6001 and it was transferring them fine.

I think the first thing would be to log into Element Manager to check out the Alarms and any events to see if something recently has changed such as someone logging in and making configuration changes.

It might also be worthwhile looking into the RCC events in case some changes were recently made.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

There's only me with access to change anything, but it's good advice anyway.
I've not figured out why it works as it does, but I can now confirm how it works:

If anyone calls in externally, you can redirect them to the relevant skillset and it works.
If anyone calls internally, you cannot redirect them to a skillset.

So anyone internally, seeing if it works would see a problem that didn't exist.

If noone can tell me how/why this works I'll consider it solved, thanks everyone anyway :)

Only external calls can ring skillset Dn.So you are right there is no problem with your system.

The BCM has Application Sets which is found under the Sets area in Telephony in Element Manager. I think one of them will be the DN to call the ACD Skilset queue. You might want to try dialing them. Another one will be to call your Voicemail system.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back