Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Party Name Blocking (Avaya CM 6.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MylZhI

Technical User
Nov 14, 2013
US
All,
Not confident that I am going to get an answer i will be happy with but here goes anyway. We are looking for a feature much like the per call CPN block\unbolck but without the per call bit. Basically looking to add a pair of cpn block\unblock buttons to a set of stations where the block, when activated, stays on until unblock is selected. Does such a feature exist?

What about 'select last used appearance' on the station form? If you're not looking to implement for tons of people and can burn an station license per person requiring this, then I think building them out as one secondary extension per user and assigning it as a bridged appearance would let you have that secondary extension have CPN 'r' for restricted AND make it so picking up the handset would select the last appearance they used. If they wanted to send CPN, they could select their primary call appearance, make a call, hangup, and every time they'd pickup, they'd use the same call appearance that is sending CPN. If they selected the brdg-appr, they'd start only making calls from that brdg-appr.

Now, what I don't know is whether the 'per station CPN - send calling number' bit is for the station making the call from the bridge, or from the bridged phone's station. To say, I'm not sure if 1111 is the main phone with a brdg-appr of 2222 and 1111 has "per station CPN" to 'yes' and 2222 has it as 'no' or 'restricted' whether that means 1111 picking the 2222 bridge would be restricted or not. Regardless, if you're only sending number and not name, then in the public unknown numbering table, you could match 2222 as delete 4 digits and insert nothing and you'd still send no digits.

We use the bridged appearance like Kyle555’s suggestion but use the public unknown table to give agents the ability to give location specific caller ID. The same extension with extra call appearances bridged to multiple phones to reduce the license requirement. You could just have a generic caller ID instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back