Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Name and Number Display outpulsing from Avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2004
IN
Hi,

I need to send out calling number and Calling Name from my Avaya switch on all outbound calls. I am using a multivantage V10 G3si. Can you please tell me how I can I outplulse a specific 10 digit number and Name on outgoing T1 PRI lines, If at all it is possible??

The t1 lines are ATT 5ess and my service says whatever info. we send in teh CPN field will be forwarded to the called party.

Please suggest....

change isdn public-unknown-numbering

Hope this helps

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Calling Party Number is usually sent forward with the call, but in the US, Calling Party Name is done via database lookup at the FAR end of the call by the receiving telco. If they have inter-carrier billing arrangments to do the name lookup, they will display the name associated with the number by your vendor for that number (usually the LEC that provides you your DID's).

If the call is from avaya-to-avaya, and is ISDN/SS7 from end-to-end, then the PBX station name will display, but that only works on Avaya equipment.

How to send out the CLID 8885462314 on all outgoing calls thru a Trunk group?
Whenever an outbound calls are placed thru this trunk grp I need to display this caller Id irrespective of the extension number of the caller....

Please Help!!!!!

Thanks

There are two ways to do this;

1. Get your provider to hard code all calls from this circuit to show a particular ANI. This doesn't usually cost anything, but it takes a little while to setup.

2. Change the ISDN public unknown numbering to send THe entire number.

In the 'ext code' field put the first one or two digits of all of your extensions, then in the 'CPN prefix' field put the entire number (all ten digits) that you want to send as ANI.

Any extensions that begin with the digits in the 'ext code' field will send that ANI as their own.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back