Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Java Soap on Window 2008 Using Fox pro 9 Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinoKhan

Programmer
Apr 26, 2016
US
I am running multiple server all with different operating systems. Window sever 2003 32bit, Windows server2008 64bit, Window server12 R2 64bit.
The problem I was having was in only in Window server2008, that I was not able to execute in Dos window. The same line of code worked in both the other servers but in Window Server2008.

Set Path To D:\Referral_Client\RClient\build\classes
cRunCommand = "Run Java rclient.Client "+crefid
&cRunCommand

After starching my head for 3 days finally I found the solution solution, was to use batch file.

Batch File: RClient.cmd

code for RClient.cmd, Type it in note pad and name it whatever you want my file name is RClient.cmd.

D:
cd D:\Referral_Client\RClient\build\classes
Java rclient.Client %1
pause (for testing only)

In foxpro use this command to call your batch file RClient.cmd

***********************Work around for window 2008 *********************************
cRunCommand = "D:\Referral_Client\RClient.cmd "+crefid
RUN /n &cRunCommand

What are you saying here?

SET PATH TO in VFP does not make the OS change its path, so a call of JAVA starts in whatever JAVA home directory. SET PATH also doesn't change the %PATH% environment variable. If you want JAVA to know rclient.Client is in D:\Referral_Client\RClient\build\classes then all you need is:
Run Java "D:\Referral_Client\RClient\build\classes\rclient.Client" &crefid

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back