Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Java methods from PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudeepta

Programmer
Oct 31, 2002
IN
Hi All,

I have got stuck with this, please help me out.

I want to call a java method in the client side, the java class would be the applet class. I want to pass an array of any type to the java method from PHP page at runtime, and then want to return something from the java method, which could be handeled by the PHP code.

In short terms i want to know how can make the communication between a PHP code and Java Applets.

I need this because, the environment I am working with will not allow java beans or any java technology on the server side, so i need to implement it through the client side only.

Please help me out.

Also i would like to thank to all members of this forum, as they have been very help full to give answers to my other previous queries.

Kind Regards,
Sudeep

Hi sudeepta,
Unless I'm completely wrong, PHP is a server-side scripting language and so works on the server, not the client. If you want to communicate with an Applet try javascript, it can communicate with applets through its DOM.

Hope this Helps,
MarsChelios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back