Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Java Class from a PERL Script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rranjan

Programmer
Aug 2, 2000
US
Can i call a java class from perl script. i guess this is my requirement.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I hava&nbsp;&nbsp;a&nbsp;&nbsp;java class&nbsp;&nbsp;which&nbsp;&nbsp;takes a file name as input and returns output on comman line. I am wondering if i can wrap it around a PERL Script so that I can pass the filename to PERL Script which in turn calls java class and spits out the output on command line or a webpage as required.<br><br>Any help will be highly appreciated.<br><br>Ranjan

Well, you probably could, but why would you want to?&nbsp;&nbsp;Just rewrite the Java in Perl!&nbsp;&nbsp;It would probably be more efficient.&nbsp;&nbsp;And more cross-platform compatible ;)<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>Tom Anderson<br>CEO, Order amid Chaos, Inc.<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back