Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Groups Delay Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwebb

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
I have an old legend system with 4 extensions assigned to calling group 771. Is there a way to set the hunting in that group to bounce to particualr extensions in a certain order? Would this invovle changing the hunt type for this group? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you have the hunt type set to linear, then provided all extensions are logged into the group, the call will bounce between the extensions in the order that they were intially added to the group. If you want to set an order, then remove all the extensions. Then add the extensions back in in the order you want them to ring. I would recommend that you have all the extensions log out of the group before doing this. You may also want to do this after hours and possibly reboot the system after the changes. I have found that groups don't seem to always act how you configure them until you reboot the system.

It makes alot of senseto have to reboot the system.How is the number of rings set before it bounces to the next extension, is this done through group coverage delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back