Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling group with mailbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtele

Vendor
Dec 17, 2003
US
Going to install ACS R6 with Partner Messaging R6

Currently, calls come into a Partner plus and Mail VS answers immediately. Press 0 goes to ext 10 which has a ringing bell, they hear the bell and grab the line on hold. If they dont get it, they can leave a message in ext 10.

I want to try to loop an ext into a CO port. But have never attempted it.

Do I just loop an EXT into lets say line 5. What do I set for line ringing? If I want that ext to be gen mbox, do I assign vmail ownership for line 5 on that mbox?

Hi Foxtele,
Yes, you can simply connect a station port to a CO port. Set ringing for immediate or delayed as you require. You can use line ownership. The ACS is much more flexible with regard to cover rings and such. Set to immediate on ACS R6.
The Mail R6 allows you to redirect "0 - timeout" to extensions other than ext 10. The general mailbox is not tied to ext 10, you may send it elsewhere. You have four (4) auto attendants to use instead of one or three (VS R5). Your existing VS may allow you to redirect the 0 - time out as well, depending on release.
-Chris

If I do that and I have line 5 ringing on the sets I need, can I assume that I can only have 1 line ring the pseudo group at a time?

Hi Foxtele,
I would think the second call would RNA until the first port released. What I have done in the past is use a port for the night bell. I put that port in the night service group with all lines set to no ring. They will have immediate ring in night mode. Set the vm cover to max (6 rings) for your night "0" destination.
Let me know how it works, every time things are different.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back