Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling Group VM Box Ext to Co Looping

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceAmerica

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
Partner ACS R5 & Partner Mail VS R4

Goal: To have lines 1 & 2 answered by AA and transfer via selector code 4 to ext 71 (cg-1). Ring ext' 10, 12 & 34. If no answer goto mailbox 10.

I need to set up two seperate groups this way ( group-1 (71) unanswered calls will goto mailbox-10, group-2 (72) unanswered calls will goto mailbox-34.

Please note: I already have lines 1 & 2 answered by AA and transfering to calling group-1 & group-2 just fine. The problem is it will not goto voice mail box 10 or any other for that matter on a no-answer. After approx 8 rings, it just goes to the call answer default greeting then sends the call to ext-10.

Here's what I did:

Set Calling Group Extensions (#502)for Group-1 Ext's 10, 12 & 34 also added Extension 36 which is looped directly to CO Port-8.

Assign Line Coverage Extension #208 for line-8 to extension 10. This is the mailbox I want to take messages for this group.

Assigned Group Call Distribution (#206)to VMS Line Coverage for Line-8.

Set VMS Hunt Delay (#506)to 4-rings for Line-8

Set Schedule to Always for Line-8

Program #301 assign line-8 to ext-36 (this is the loop)to immediate ring, remove all other lines from ext-36.

ALL WORKS GREAT EXCEPT...

Problem: Un answered calls never go to mailbox 10. After alot of rings calls will get answered by Auto Attendant which says something to the effect of "please wait while your call is transfered to the receptionist". then transfers call to ext-10.

You should take Line 8 out of # 206 -

also make sure # 310 is assigned to extension 10

Should work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back