Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling crw32.exe from a macro runs different version

Status
Not open for further replies.

WANguy2k

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
I'm trying to run crw32.exe from a macro, but the macro fails when trying to access a database. The error says I'm running the standard version of Crystal reports 11. If I go to help, about it shows standard edition. But, if I Crystal reports from the start menu, I get Professional edition - Full version, and I'm able to open the database.

I'm calling the same executable from the Business Objects /Crystal reports 11 folder.

It might have to do with the startup folder, but I tried starting in "c:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11" and it didn't make a difference.

Hi,
It is probably the DLLs used that matter..check the PATH settings to be sure the Developer directory is ahead of the others.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,'
I misspoke - I meant the Professional folder.

I believe you can see the full path and version of the DLLs used in a report from the Help menu - Show system info.

Compare the 2 runs to see whats different.

Also check the permissions for the macro to see whant account it may be running under..That may affect what version it runs under.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back