Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling card type use of a Nortel 81C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrvNDMrtN

ISP
Nov 4, 2001
AU
Hi,

I just want to know if its possible to set up the PABX to accept a call on a DN and enter some sort of PIN code to dial any number i want?

Basically i have users sick of buying phone cards and i just want them to call the PABX and they enter a PIN so they can dial wherever they want and maybe have restrictions on what they can dial.

Is this possible?

Thanks

What the?!?!

Yes it's called DISA (Direct inward system access) I think you need Package 24, not at work right now.

It's load 24, not sure if it is package 24 also :)

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

You'll be able to tell if DISA was included by going into LD24 and REQ prt TYPE dis, or REQ new...etc. Recently DISA has become on "upon request" package.

DISA may not be the most economical choice though. If the users are outside of the local calling range, then you'll have both the Toll Free inbound plus the Long Distance outbound charge.

Unless you institute Auth Codes, you will probably not be able to identify who called what since the CDR record will probably just show the outbound call was from an inbound trunk.

ATT Pre-Paid cards from Sam's Club are under 4 cents/minute (figure 80% untilization of the card minutes resulting in about 5 to 6 cents/min in the end)

If your company reimburses or provides cell phones, those users have little need for DISA or Calling Cards of course.

One hour of fraud over 10 inbound trunks connected to 10 outbound trunks will average $600. An average month of fraud from US to typical fraud destinations will cost $10,000 to $25,000 over that many trunks.

Just some thoughts...

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

not to hard to set up, make your password hard to guess and i use mine with auth codes on the outbound to control ld

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back